Monday, January 7, 2008

Hola amigos



I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya...but with the holidays and such my life's been a blur.

So what's been going on...I had a fantastic Christmas - lots of goodies, especially in the food preparatory milieu. In addition to the smoker mentioned below, I own a fancy new slow cooker with a built in probe, which sounds dirty but really isn't. Say you want to cook a hunk of meat to 175 degrees. Go ahead, say it. You just program that in the little probe dealie, then the slow cooker will STOP COOKING when the meat gets to that temp, and just rest on warm until you're ready to grub. Pretty cool, huh? I also got a new pressure cooker, which I'm excited to try out, but it seemed it was dinged during shipping, so we'll have to send it back and try another one. So now I can cook really slow or really fast. Which is nice.

I also got myself some new wheels for Christmas. Not quite as cool as my old ride, but there's something to be said for a warranty and reliability. Plus, it's my first brand new car! Yay!

I know many of my readers feel bad about forgetting my birthday, but it's not too late to send cards and gifts. I won't my mind a bit.

The big family news is that my step-sister is getting remarried this summer. Charmed and I will probably pack up the girls and head to Iowa for the festivities. Looks like another mini-van rental is in Dunnski's future.

That's it for now. A peaceful new year to all y'all.

2 comments:

Twinkie said...

That's a fine new ride. Big pimpin'. ;-)

I have tremendous guilt for missing your birthday.

David said...

I wanna say December 30th. Yes? I'm not good with dates. Or times. Or names. Or small gestures. Or remembering stuff.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, homie.