Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Postcards...the Other White Meat

First off, I have no idea what that headline means. Catchy though.

So I came across this website the other day which you may already be familiar with: Postcrossing. It's a pretty cool idea. You register on the site, then get an address of another user from somewhere around the world. (Currently there are over 34,000 users from 158 countries participating.) You send that person a postcard, and when they receive it, you get another card from some OTHER random person somewhere on Earff. Send a card, get a card. Get it?

So today I sent my first 2 - to Emma in Finland and Helen in Germany. (You can learn all about Helen, and brush up on your German, here). So some day, when I'm not expecting it, I'll get a postcard from some stranger in Brazil or Indiana or some other exotic locale. It will be nice to get mail that's not a bill or a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon.

I'll be sure to report on any interesting correspondence. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please continue to give me all the free panty coupons from Victoria Secrets!!

Voix said...

After he's done with the catalogs, that is.

Thanks for tipping me off to this site -- I keep meaning to sign up.

helen said...

hi,
today I get your postcard. Thank you very much. I like postcrossing!
And I hope you will get many cards in the future.
Sorry about my english.
Many greetings from Germany,
helen